Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Left Overs

If your stamping business is like mine you sometimes have people that don't show up. Since I mostly do stamp-a-stacks those few people end up being cards in multiples of 5. So if I plan on 10 in attendance and only 5 show then I end up with a lot of left overs.
"What do you do with your left overs when your cardstock is already cut?"
I just make the cards at my leisure and send them out for cards of encouragement or sell them. This week my buddy Kimmy has offered to sell some of my cards for me while she's selling raffle tickets. So here's a few of the cards that are 'Left overs' that I spent my "chillin' time" making.

Thinking of You

This was my first class teaching the ladies how to do 2 step stamping. They all fell in Love with the stamp-a-ma-jig and most have purchased their own by now. We also did a little paper tearing.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Wild Rose, All Year Cheer 3 (now retired)
Cardstock: Whisper white, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss
Extras: Stamp-a-ma-jig


The month of.... Love

Since February is the month of Love we made cards for our sweety and our friends. The "Love Matters" stamp set was perfect for this card, the ladies could easily substitue the word 'friend' instead of the word 'love'..
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Love Matters, Circle of friendship, Canvas
Cardstock: Whisper White, Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Stazon- black, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Assorted markers
Extras: Word window punch, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" circle punches,fibers,HodgePodge Hardware


From the Heart

There actually were not that many people that didn't show for this class. I loved this layout, colour combo and everything about this card so I purposely cut way too much so I would have some to send out to cheer up a few people I know goign through rough times right now.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Polka dots & Paisley (a free set demonstrators got for Christmas), Holidays & Wishes (new 2007 set)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Extras: Sponges, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain, Light Blue Gingham, Antique Gold Brads


Sympathy Cards

Ever notice when you need a sympathy card you just can't make one? Or is that just me? Anyways we had a class making these gorgeous cards cause this spring there just seemed to be so many funerals and people in the hospital.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Wild Rose,Elegant Inspirations
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Versamark
Extras: Gold Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy (highly recommend getting this for a crisp embossed image),Gold Brads, Navy Organdy, Stamp-a-ma-jig


Bleached Class:

It was a smelly class but I love the results!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Doodle This
Cardstock: Basic black, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose
Ink: Stazon- black, Versamark
Extras: Winter White Embossing Powder, black brads, Rose Grosgrain-fraid, dotted ribbon, buttons, tab punch, bleach, paint brush


Tri folds

I don't think I will ever attempt this for another stamp-a-stack class. It was just too difficult to get the cards to work right. Gorgeous card but...
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Blossoms Abound, Holiday Wishes, Hugs & Wishes
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, Always Artichoke,
Ink: Orchid opulence, Lovely Lilac,Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke,
Extras: Lilac brads, prima flowers dyed with refill ink, 1 1/4" circle punch, stamp-a-ma-jig, Mellow Moss & Lovely Lilac Markers with Spritzer


Well that's enough uploading today. I just noticed all these cards are florals so I'll try to get some nonflorals uploaded on Friday since I will be in London tomorrow visiting my mom.

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Gorgeous cards, Nice to see you posting.