Sunday, May 6, 2007

Caught the Bug

I was introduced to stamping 14 years ago but the spark didn't last longer than a week. Two years ago I caught my first bug, it still hasn't left my system. If anything it has escalated! I have looked for some sort of recovery program/help group but the more I look the more it spreads. The major bug hit by hosting my first Stampin' Up party 2 years ago. I had heard of Stampin' Up by my bestest best friend Nancy, but didn't give it any special attention, it just wasn't 'my thing'. The demonstrator doing my party was my SIL, Patty, and this was both of our 'firsts', her's as a demo me as a stamper. I think I found 'my thing'. From there comes many cards, scrap booking pages, altered items and many, many new decorated pieces of accessories in my house. Now I can find my box o' sharpies anywhere in a room! Since I joined my Stampin' Up family with my SIL, not only has our businesses been blossoming but our friendship has also. My other SIL is slowly getting her hands inky, but her daughter has asked if she could move in and refers to my stamping room as 'Heaven'. I met a local lady that just recently caught the bug and she said the same thing as my niece almost word for word. Good thing we have a spare room! It's really cute when she comes to visit cause time doesn't stand still but seems to go fast forward. It seems she just gets here (at 11) and then all too soon the kids are getting off the bus and it's 4:00 already! Then again time seems to do the same thing everytime I step into my 'space'.
I love teaching card classes at my church, Church in the Oaks, in London, to a unique buncha gals. 'Brads' will never be looked at the same! We're a buncha bling, bling nuts. Bleach isn't just for laundry gals (this they'll be learning May 14th-wear your gubbies!!)! We usually meet the second Monday of the month (sometimes this changes due to holidays and life schedules) but it just doesn't seem to be often enough. For a small fee of $20 the ladies leave the end of the night with 10 beautiful cards with envelopes, all ready to mail out. I threw in an extra bonus this session with a small accessory tote bag given to each lady on their third class. For the next few classes the ladies will be stamping and personalizing their lil totes when they finish their cards for the evening. June 11th, I'll be having a few extra prizes for the ladies. For every class they have attended their name will be entered into a draw (attend 6 classes= 6 chances to win!) we will be having three names drawn and the ladies will get to choose one of 6 special stamp sets. Now who doesn't love free stuff?!!? If you're interested in joining us drop me a line and if there are any spaces available I'll let you know. Aside from our class in July we will be have an extra day altering many items, plain chipboard boxes, clip boards, pens, picture frames, lunch boxes... the possibilities are endless. More details to follow.

May 1st Stampin' Up released it's retiring list.... wooooo check it out!
I find the list by page numbers easiest for me so this is the list I use: http://www.stampinup.com/ca/documents/CA_retiredstamps_NUMB_COLOR.pdf

If you're looking for a specific stamp set to see if it's leaving you might want to check this one:
http://www.stampinup.com/ca/documents/CA_retiredstamps_ALPH_COLOR.pdf
After June 30th all these babies are gone!

Some wheels are already sold out!! Check out the updated (daily) list here: http://www.stampinup.com/ca/documents/CA_retiredWHEEL_STATUS.pdf Be sure to order yours before they roll away for good.

I'll keep you posted when the retiring accessory list comes out!

Don't forget to check out May's Palette O' Prints special (it's only available the month of May and then it's GONE!) http://www.stampinup.com/ca/documents/Palette_Prints_CAN.pdf

We also have an extra bonus if you are interested in becoming a demonstrator. If you sign up before the end of May you'll receive 2 hostess sets from the upcoming Fall-Winter Collection 2007. In the Spotlight (level 2 hostess set) All about Occasions Hostess Bundle (level 3 hostess set) includes: All about Occasions stamp set, All about Gratitude jumbo wheel*, All about Birthdays jumbo wheel* (Note: *Jumbo Stampin' Around handle & cartridges not included)

Well I think this enough for my first entry. I'm sure I''ll have more to add as the days go by.
Keep an eye out for my 'retiring stamp auction' coming soon!

Feel free to post a comment (as long as they're nice, I'm sensitive ya know!)

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

Hi Katerine. Thanks for the link.
Looking good so far. This is addicting. Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine: What a great blog for your first time: I know that Shane is a very Lucky boy to have someone like you to care so much to put this amount of time and great effort into your cards they are all beautiful You inspire me.

And thankyou for sharing all you secrets with me when we get together. It is so much fun.

Kim