Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A beautiful Monday

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. What began as a gloomy cloud burstin' day turn into a day of glorious sunshine. Terry was right when he decided to run my sunglasses in to me saying “it doesn’t hurt to be hopeful!” I spent the day with my study buddy/ Chicken lady, Diane, we haven't been able to do this since I up and moved to the country 4.5 years ago. It was nice just to hang out and spend time and not be so rushed!! We even got to SIT DOWN and drink our coffees! My lil puppy, Jazz, had a great time being smothered with love by her, her hubby and her three young men folk. I think Dean even enjoyed having her jumping on his lap. Don't tell them but I had fun with the boys too... even when I tripped over the chair! I don’t think I could have even planned that. Fortunately I had a safe landing... landed in the chair. Don't ask!
We tried to get a hold of our good buddy, Audra, even Jazz left a message on her machine. But alas we had to go shopping without her. I put together the cutest lil 'chinese takeout' dish for her (hey Audra- you need to stamp and decorate that baby yourself!). We knew she'd be bummed not going so I bought (I know, I know) one of those takeout containers at Michaels and stuffed it with some stamps, ribbon, glitter glue, puffy stickers and told her we missed her when we went for dinner so we brought back some lemon chicken... hope she likes it. It was so cute when she started opening it cause she actually believed me!! What a buncha goofballs we are!
Card class like most of them was a hoot! Nothing like the dynamic duo to keep me on my toes. And TRUDY! She was having such a tough time with the brads all we heard outta her was "This Brad is the pits!" which made us all laugh and think of Susie Q. I’m still holding on to hope that she’ll come and join us! It's amazing with the few ladies that were there that there's so many of us that snort when we laugh, right Diane?! We had a new lady join the bunch, Aunty Pammycake, from Petrolia, and she blended right in with the rest of the nuts.
I'm glad that even though there was bleach used on our cards no one went home spotted... waytogo ladies, I'm so proud of yas!
I can't wait til June! The idea of the bunch of you ladies out here in the country for a day decorating clipboards, journals, pens, boxes … sounds like a blast. I'm sure the kids will love the swim and playing a few games…
but I'm not sure who is going to act more like kids that day...
Maybe we can drag it out long enough to have a bonfire!

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Its fun to stamp with others isn't it.
Have a great long weekend